The Foundation for Retinal Research
We conduct Clinical Research Studies through our Foundation for Retinal Research, offering our patients and physicians access to cutting edge treatments and procedures in a variety of ophthalmic conditions and diseases. We’ve participated in numerous studies involving Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, and Retinal Vein Occlusion, among others, and we are continuously seeking new Clinical Research Studies to better serve our patients and partners.
Our Foundation for Retinal Research currently has two ongoing studies:
- Character Biosciences AMD Progression Study – A Long Term Observational Study into the Progression of Non-Exudative Age-Related Acute Macular Degeneration (Dry AMD).
- Apellis APL2-GA-305 – A Phase 3, Open Label, Multicenter Extension Study to Evaluate the Long Term Safety and Efficacy of Pegcetocoplan in Patients with Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
Recently Completed Studies:
- Apellis APL2-304 – A Phase 3, Multi-Center, Randomized Double-Masked, Sham-Controlled Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Intravitreal APL-2 Therapy with SHAM Injections in Patients with Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals VEGFe-HD-DME-1934 – A Randomized, Double Masked Active Controlled Phase 2/3 Study of the Efficacy and Safety of High Dose Aflibercept in Patients with Diabetic Macular Edema (PHOTON)
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals NTMT-03-A – A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Sham-Controlled Study to Determine the Safety and Efficacy of Renexus in Macular Telangiectasia Type 2
Physicians, please click here to find out more about our research and fellowship opportunities.